History of Church Road Methodist Church
The first Nonconformist services were held in a small wooden bungalow, erected in 1875, which was the town's first rated house. As numbers grew the little band of worshippers left the cottage for rooms above stables in Back St. Anne's Road West, where Wesleyan Methodists, Baptists and Congregationalists continued to meet until the Wesleyans opened a new chapel on Clifton Drive.
The Society flourished and again it outgrew its home. In 1904 work began on a new church building which would accommodate 750 worshippers and thisopened on 8th June 1905. The old Mission, which had accommodated 200 worshippers, was utilised as the Sunday School. Today it is the restaurantand kitchen
Following further fund-raising, alterations to the Church were made and on 19th May 1979 the modernised and refurbished Church building was re-dedicated. In 2013 the Church was once again refurbished. The pews were removed and a flexible space for worship and activities created. At the close of 2013 the Day Care Unit left the Centre and in2014 the Centre became host to the Fylde Foodbank.